Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day

Last weekend was action packed. My mom was in town so I took a couple days off and enjoyed the gorgeous weather! We made it over to the Golden Gardens and Carkeek parks were we enjoyed watching the turtles sun themselves (they were so still that my mom suspected they were just plastic figures) and geocaching a bit. We also made it to the Pacific Science Center, missing the Mars exhibit by one day--oops! Luckily a kind museum worker took pity on us and took us through the exhibit since they hadn't started taking it apart.

One of the recipes I remember from my childhood is French breakfast muffins. There's nothing quite like having a delicious muffin coated with cinnamon sugar. Yum! I made a batch on Sunday morning and everyone loved them.

Because of my busy Mother's Day weekend, I wasn't able to get a post up. But that doesn't mean I wasn't cooking! In addition to the French breakfast muffins, I made another batch of Cranberry Pecan Celebration Bread and another batch of Casatiello. Both were hits, the second making an easy lunch at the Science Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment