Sunday, May 16, 2010

#17: Lavash Crackers

I have to admit that I wasn't too excited about making crackers. Having spent the previous evening entertaining guests followed by a trip to the ER, I was unable to do any recipe that took overnight preparation. Lavish crackers happily fit my need for a one-day dough.

Making the crackers was pretty simple. A little dough goes a long way and I probably could have made the dough stretch onto a second baking sheet. I'm still working on timing my doughs so I ended up being unable to use the oven when I needed and the crackers had to sit for a bit and might have risen a little more than necessary. From the picture you can probably see that I was a little heavy on the Kosher salt so my crackers are more like saltines. A secondary effect of the delayed baking was that the salt bonded with the bread which made it a little easier to eat without making a mess.

The children liked the crackers (a testimony to Peter's quip about even a baker's mistakes being well received) and so did my wife. I think I'll try this recipe again and maybe even try making pita's as Peter's side note suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment