Sunday, May 16, 2010

#18: Light Wheat Bread

In addition to Lavish crackers, I decided to make Peter's Light Wheat Bread recipe. And since the kiddies were clamoring for hot dogs, I decided to make them a little more healthy by making whole wheat buns.

This bread is "light" in that only 1/3rd of the flour is wheat. The recipe called for either high gluten flour or bread flour and since I had both I decided to go with the high gluten flour. I also cheated and doubled the amount of yeast so I could get a quicker rise time.

I was very pleased in the rise I got with the loaf and the hot dog buns were pretty good. The timing was a bit of an issue with the hot dogs since the buns came out of the oven several minutes after the hot dogs had finished on the grill. But the kids loved the hot dogs especially since it was paired with root beer and tater tots.

No comments:

Post a Comment