Sunday, May 2, 2010

#11: Cranberry-Walnut Celebration Bread

This is my second attempt. I made this loaf last week but it didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it to. I made two loaves instead of one but forgot to adjust the bake time until they were an over-baked brown. Oops. The bread wasn't horrible--it was still gone in short order--but just a little more "done" than I wanted.

So I made it again this week. I still made two loaves but reduced the baking time and the loaves were perfectly toasty. I substituted pecans for the walnuts and I think the substitution was great. The tangy flavor of the cranberries complement the citrus-ey orange oil and the pecans provided a nice crunch to the bread. However, because I gave one loaf to my uncle for his birthday and the family has all but devoured the second loaf, I'm forced to take some less-than-exciting French bread to work tomorrow for my coworkers.

The recipe is a keeper. The family loved it and the double egg-wash was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment