Sunday, April 4, 2010

#4: Brioche - (Poor Man's variant)

I was a little worried about making brioche without fluted brioche molds but decided to improvise using a muffin tin. I chose the Poor Man's variant mostly because it took the least butter (one cube) and would hopefully be a little easier to handle. Now that I've had a try at brioche, I hope to get some real molds and try the Rich Man's variation, four cubes of butter and all. I made close to a dozen brioche à tête as well as baking a small loaf.

The final product was delicious and I could smell the richness provided by the butter. The texture of the crust was silky and the crumb had a subtle sweetness. I can't imagine what it would have been like with four times the butter. On Peter's suggestion, we decided to turn the loaf into French toast, which proved very delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment