Sunday, April 18, 2010

#8: Cinnamon Buns and Sticky Buns

Yesterday I attended a class taught by Peter himself where he demonstrated several of the breads from his latest book, Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day. Inspired by the demonstration, I decided to try the sticky buns side of recipe from the Bread Baker's Apprentice.

Let me tell you, nearly three sticks of butter make the mouth water. While the dough only took 5 1/2 tablespoons, the caramel glaze took two cubes by itself. I choose raisins and pecans for the "topping" (the rolls are actually baked upside down) and they were delish.

When it came time for stage 12, eating, the kiddies were disappointed that I wouldn't let them each have their own sticky bun. However I compromised and they ended up sharing two buns between the three of them. And of course they wanted more.

The only mishap was the glaze bubbled over and started smoking at the very end of the bake time. However cleanup was a cinch, probably due to the copious amounts of butter in the glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment