Wednesday, September 22, 2010

#28: Potato Rosemary Bread

This recipe was delightful.  I'm not sure what happened but despite having difficulty while preparing the dough, the loaves turned out surprisingly well.  The crust and crumb where both soft and slightly moist and the crust had lovely color.  The rosemary gave a nice tone to the bread and everyone who ate it had good things to say.

After mashing the boiled potatoes and measuring out the biga, I realized that I had more than enough for two batches of Potato Rosemary Bread (also called panmarino in Italy).  My overconfidence resulted in having four loaves ready to bake when I had only space for two in the oven.  The dough was a little wetter than it needed to be but led to the soft and airy crumb.  I also skipped the optional roasted garlic which gives me an excuse to make it again.

In the end, it was a good thing that I made two batches because then I was able to take a loaf to work and share.  Everyone gave it rave reviews.  I'll be making this bread again.

No comments:

Post a Comment