Sunday, August 1, 2010

#20: Multigrain Bread Extraordinare

Fortunately when I made the Poolish Baguette attempt I saved enough of the sifted wheat bran to use in the Multigrain Bread Extraordinare. However I had not saved the requisite cooked brown rice so I had to make a batch of rice just for this bread (actually Rachel made it; I'm sure the remainder of the rice will be consumed in short order).

The dough was a bit stickier than usual so I probably mixed in another 1/2 cup of flour. All of the bread pans were in use so I decided to make a round hearth loaf and it turned out beautifully. The crumb was soft and my scoring job resulted in an artisan look. As luck would have it, my timing allowed me to get this bread in before my three batches of white, sandwich bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment